Friday, July 13, 2012

Well, who'd have thunk it?

In the Give Credit Where Credit is Due Dept., I've got to hand it to Gov. Otter. He is as anti-Obamacare as anybody out there, but now that the Supreme Court has ruled that it's constitutional, Otter looks to be giving it a fair shake.  Instead of just rejecting it and sticking his head in the sand, and thereby depriving thousands of Idahoans of health care, Otter is keeping an open mind.  It looks like he intends to make a reasoned decision, not an ideological one (contrary to my previous post).

So I say, good on ya, Guv.  I'm a bit impressed.  I hope you make the right decision, and I hope you can convince your R buddies in the legislature to do the right thing, too.

And let's just not mention Raul Labrador and his urging people to violate the law.  Good precedent Raul; how's about if I get to ignore the requirement that I have to obey the speed limit?  Gonna stand behind me on that one?

No comments: